A greenhouse is a structure with walls and roof made of transparent material, such as greenhouse polythenes, glass in which plants requiring regulated climatic conditions are grown. These .greenhouse structures are of different sizes from small tunnels to large commercial sizes. Inside of a greenhouse exposed to sunlight becomes warmer than the external ambient temperature, protecting the plants from external weather and insects.
These greenhouses are made from different frames material. we as greenhouse kenya company have the wooden framed greenhouse, metallic framed greenhouse, concrete framed greenhouses and plastic framed greenhouses.
greenhouses technology started from the ancient roman empire to grow cucumber but was later modified commercial by the french.
The advantage of a greenhouse.
- Promote quick growth in greenhouse plants
- High yield production of small pieces of land per square area
- Control of pest and disease
- High-quality tomato produce
- Protect the plants from extreme heat and humidity.
- Variety of tomatoes is harvested for a longer period
- Variety of tomatoes has a post harvest longevity of 21 days
- The variety of tomatoes have a good rind and cannot be broken while transporting.
- Limited use of chemicals ( integrated pest management)
- Low quantity of water used through drip irrigation.
why our greenhouse is the best in Kenyawith hortitechno produce and services greenhouses, you get the best produce in horticulture.
- Our company greenhouses are high with a side length of 7 feet and above from the ground surface, you can walk on the sides and it has more room for plant growth and production with the apex of between 4.3 to 4.5 meters. this also allows good air circulation which promotes good regulation of temperature and reduces fungal diseases infection this is done in relation to the climate in Kenya other parts of the world.
- Greenhouses kits we sell are strong and made of stronger galvanized metals compared to aluminum, it withstands high wind speed and durable, last for over 20 years with changing of the cover after every 5 years.
- Our greenhouse structures in Kenya are covered with durable u.v treated polythene with good insect net to screen out tuta absoluta, white flies among other insects.
- Our greenhouse kits are easy to dismantle and assemble, hence it can be relocated with ease.
- The Wooden greenhouse and metallic greenhouse comes with crop support in them, strong, high, flexible in any size and can be custom made to fit any space and durable.
- Construction of our structure is between 3 to 1 week depending on the size and the climatic conditions.
In Hortitechno produce and services, we understand the agronomic expertise involved in having a greenhouse for better tomato farming in Kenya.